A beautiful resort can sure calm your senses and give you the feeling of relaxation. Most of the people in today’s era are so stressed out of working day and night, that a break is always much needed. In this break, one essential thing that you look for is something that can ease out all the endorphins in your system and let your muscles relax. For a getaway like Goa, which is blessed with innumerable beaches, some soul pleasing food and a rejuvenating massage is everything you can ask for. But, the question is, which is the best hotel in Goa that will make your Goa holiday seem like an unforgettable one. Here is a detailed Taj Holiday Village Goa Hotel Review for you, to help you easily decide.
Vivanta By Taj Holiday Village Goa
The name describes this resort itself. “Holiday Village” is the concept, where you spend your holiday in a luxurious Portuguese village-inspired set up. There are superior rooms with balconies, rooms with garden sit outs, cottages, Goan villas, and an infinity pool along with the famous Jiva Spa.
- Premium Cottage Sea View with a small private garden and hammock
- Beautiful Jiva Spa
- An infinity pool overlooking a wide expanse of palm trees and the magnificent Arabian Sea
- Bar counter inside the pool with round stone seats
- Sea side 24/7 restaurant
- Direct exit to the Sinquerim beach
- Shared property of Taj Fort Aguada at a walking distance and free internal transfers
Types of Rooms
1 – Superior Rooms
These are the lowest price rooms in this resort. There are two kinds in this category.
- Superior Rooms with Balcony – You can opt for this room if you want to view the sea right from your balcony. But it depends on the availability of the rooms. Some are sea facing some are garden facing.
- Superior Rooms with Garden Sit Out – These are the rooms that will enable you to sit and enjoy in the gardens. So basically you will have two sit out chairs placed in the garden area in front of your room.
2 – Premium Cottages
There are the mid level rooms in this resort. There are two kinds in the premium cottages.
- Sea View Premium Cottages – The best feature in them is that they have a small private garden with the room and one hammock along with a table and two chairs in the garden.
- Garden View Premium Cottages – This room will give a garden view, but will also have a hammock, and a small private garden with table and chair. Usually both the rooms are prices exactly similar, so better to go ahead with the sea view.
3 – Goan Villa
These fall in the highest price room category in this resort. Undoubtedly they are the best but it depends on your budget and number of people travelling. Again there are three kinds of rooms in this category.
- Sea View Goan Villa
- Garden View Goan Villa
- Luxury Sea View Goan Villa
These villas allow 6-8 people to accommodate, so if you are going with your family or a group of friends, better to opt for this. You can please yourself with whichever room category suits you price wise. The best among these three villas is Sea View Goan Villa because you will get the best view in not so expensive price.
We were two people and we stayed in the Premium Sea View Cottage. We cracked a deal as we are Taj Innercircle members, and we had a Rs.10,000 Taj voucher, so, we got the room just for Rs.8000 for two days including taxes, breakfast and airport transfers. Read my blog about Rewards in the Travel Hacks section, which will be up soon. So, luxury travel is not always about splurging blindly.
Best Time To Visit
Goa is a place on Earth that can be visited at any time of the year. Be it summer, winter or rains. It has its own beauty. During the monsoon, the beach shacks won’t work, but many other things are accessible. You can enjoy this resort by visiting in any month. We chose to go in the month of September, when the rains just end, and the winters are yet to begin. This is the time falling between off season and peak season.
How To Reach
You can easily search for Sinquerim Beach, near Candolim, where this resort is located.
By Air – With every room, they provide a complimentary two way airport transfer in their shared bus or cars. Just inform them 24 hours prior to your arrival.
By Road – It is right next to Candolim beach, in North Goa.
By Train – You can hire a private cab or a shared cab. If you want to take a bus, it will have a few stops before it drops you to Candolim. Then from there, take an auto.
Final Review of Vivanta By Taj Holiday Village Goa
I surely recommend this hotel in Goa, because it is one of the most amazing resorts to relax and unwind in Goa. Special mention will be the majestic infinity pool with the integrated bar counter. It is ultimate luxury and very calming.